• 10 Tips to Help Us Keep You Safe •
- Make sure that everyone who cares for you knows who you are. Our nurse will ask your name or to state your birth date and will check your name band.
- If you have any questions or concerns, ask a team member. Ask a family member or friend to speak for you if you are not able to do so.
- If you feel unsteady on your feet or have had any medications please ask us to help you. We do not want you to fall.
- When you are ask about the medicine you take, please tell us about every medicine. Be sure to include creams, vitamins, herbs, diet supplements, and all prescription and over-the counter medicines.
- Tell us about your allergies. Specify allergies to medicines, tape, latex, shellfish, and any others you may have had a reaction to in the past, including food allergies.
- If you have a new prescription given to you while you are here, be sure you know what it is for, how to take it, and any possible side effects.
- If you have any questions about a test or procedure, please ask your nurse, doctor or any health care team member.
- Ask all team members who have direct contact with you if they have washed their hands. It's the best way to prevent the spread of germs, and our team members will be glad you asked!
- Be sure you know and understand how to take care of yourself when you go home.
- If you notice any other safety concerns, please tell a team member so that we can work to make our hospital a safer place for all.
Salina Surgical Hospital
401 S. Santa Fe Ave.
Salina, KS 67401
866.927.0610 Toll Free